Hi! I'm Marina
I’m a certified and sworn translator from English into Italian with 10 years of experience.
I’ll help you with the translation of your documents into Italian, the revision of Italian texts, or the translation and adaptation of your website and online content to suit your Italian audience.
Over the last decade, I’ve helped businesses and direct clients with translations of their general and specialized texts.
I occasionally work as an independent contractor with renowned LSPs (Language Service Providers, aka translation agencies), offering my Italian language services to their VIP clients in areas ranging from IT to pharmaceutical research.
My past experience in the corporate world as an in-house translator and Client Service Executive honed my ability to handle several projects at once and develop close attention to my client’s needs.
- TAUS Certification in Quality Management: training on Quality Management with a focus on the Dynamic Quality Framework, the industry’s benchmark for translation quality evaluation.
- Master’s Degree in English>Italian Specialized Translation (Biomedicine, Law) – University of Pisa
- Bachelor’s Degree in Translation and Interpreting (English, French, Italian) – Superior Graduate School of Linguistic Mediation, Palermo
- SDL Post-Editing Certification: training on the techniques and skills involved in post-editing machine-translated output.
- Freelance translator for private clients and businesses since 2011
- In-house translator and Client Service Executive at two Italian-based international law firms
- Didactic assistant at a school of English
- In-house intern and later freelance translator for an NGO working with EU projects
Continuing PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
Continuing Professional Development is an essential part of my profession: it’s necessary to maintain and update my skills and benefits both me and my clients. I constantly read up on my specialized fields, both in English and Italian, and regularly attend training courses and webinars.
Some of my most recent training courses or webinars include:
- Localization Essentials by Google
- Translation Project Management
- Translating Cosmetics
- Where Regulatory Rules: Translating Drug Leaflets, Packaging and Labelling
- Proofreading and Editing for Translators
- Translating Health and Wellness Trends for the Consumer Market
- Clinical Trials and Medical Documentation: Resources and Translation Strategies
- Translation of Official Documents, Contracts and Certificates